We need to talk

Illustration for Uberdeviant

Hi, I am Uberdeviant, you don’t know about me anything yet, so let me tell you first information - I’m staying in China and this internet sucks (thanks, China Mobile). China is a good place for inspiration, especially Hong Kong. Wait a second, I wasn’t going to write about story of my life, the main reason I’m here is coding. 

When I’ve finished reading one of the books about swift programming I was ready to create a game that stuck in my mind from the childhood. The main idea was to build a cool mobile game where a user would create his own country and think over about politics, economy and all the ways of developing his ownership. Actually when I was twelve I liked to read some courses and books about society, economy and politic science, I got to know which differences an empire and federation or confederation had, or how to build dictatorship or democracy. China, Hong Kong, South Korea where I traveled and North Korea that I saw through the river proved all that I read and inspired me to create my first 2D strategic game for iPhones and iPads. Why is it not 3D? That’s because I just don’t have enough time. I need some time for sleep. First of all I coded an engine which randomly creates landscapes, gives the users an opportunity to interact with them. UIKit framework has been chosen as a basis for the engine because of many reasons. One of the reasons is magic of UIView class and its subclasses - for example, you can use UIImageView not only for image container and UIButton as a simple button, you will find an infinite power of that objects when you start to dig. I was very happy when I coded it, I thought: “That’s it! I want to erase my memory and write down that code again!”. By the way I did it, it was a big refactoring last June. Second phase consisted of drawing and animation all the objects and buildings that the game needed. Third phase is… So I am on the second stage and I haven’t finished it yet, because redrawing and refactoring are all that I’m doing right now. Maybe it is some kind of perfectionism but when I open Xcode day by day I begin complaining about stuff that I have and redesigning everything I see in there, it’s going on for several months now. 

This May I’m going to leave China and when I’m home it’s a perfect time for drawing, coding and also a time to wrap my head around the details. But now I spend about 4 or 5 hours of weekdays and all weekends for my project. 

I will be using this blog for posting some news about my project and sharing some tricks and lessons about coding, animation and drawing with you. So be free to add me to favs/bookmarks in your browser. Thanks for attention. Don’t forget to follow your dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Multiple Inheritance in Swift or Protocol Oriented Programming

Simple app for beginners. Nuked Code [0]